Summer / Side Dish / Organic / Vegan / Kosher / Parve / Dairy Free
My friend shared with me this recipe for an EASY and healthy summer soup. It takes so little effort to cook that I made it during the fast day of the 9 Av. We broke the fast with this light delicious soup and it quickly became one of our favorites. I used a curly vegetable slicer ( one of many funny and creative gifts from my daughter ) to slice the cucumber for garnishing. 🙂 It takes 10 minutes to make! I had it with zucchini or summer squash – both recipes are delicious!
- 1/2 cup organic polenta (cornmeal)
- 5 cups water
- 6-inch piece kombu sea vegetable
- 1 cup cubed organic cucumber
- 1 cup cubed zucchini ( featured ) or summer squash
- 3 Tbsp cut organic fresh parsley ( featured ) or fresh dill
- 5 Tbsp organic white miso
- Bring water and kombu to boil. Remove kombu. Pour in polenta slowly, constantly stirring to avoid lumping. Add cubed vegetables, stir well. Return to medium boil and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Dissolve miso in a little of hot water and add to the pot. Add parsley or dill and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Puree soup until creamy smooth.
- Serve garnished with thin cucumber slices and minced curley parsley ( featured ) or dill.