Organic / Kosher / Vegan / Gluten Free / Sugar Free / Egg Free / Dairy Free / Parve
Miso soup is the most healing soup. It is good all year around for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Each ingredient has tons of healing power. Together they make a healing powerhouse. Shiitake mushrooms known for their ability to fight cancer. High quality miso paste reduces acidity and alkaline our blood. Wakame enriches us with minerals and increases hemoglobin. Daikon lowers cholesterol and melts fat deposits. Excellent dish for a healthy weight loss.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 1 inch organic wakame (seaweed)
- 2 cups water
- 2 dry shiitake mushrooms
- 2 inches sliced daikon
- 2 inches sliced parsnip or carrot
- 1 – 2 broccoli florets
- 1 tsp organic barley miso paste
- chopped cilantro and green onions ( scallion ) for garnishing
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in cold water for 10 minutes. Put wakame in a pot with cold water and start cooking. When water starts boiling add sliced mushrooms, daikon and parsnip. Reduce the flame to medium. Cook 4 minutes.
- Mix miso paste with a little amount of water and add to the cooking soup. Reduce flame to the lowest and let it simmer.
- Add broccoli florets and simmer for 2 more minutes
- Serve hot. Garnish with cilantro and green onion.
.Heal, lose weight and Enjoy!
DRIED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
Many people prefer dried shiitake to fresh, considering that the sun-drying process draws out the umami flavour from the dried mushrooms by breaking down proteins into amino acids and transforms ergosterol to vitamin D. These must be rehydrated by soaking in water before using. The stems of shiitake are rarely used in Japanese and other cuisine’s, primarily because the stems are harder and take longer to cook than the soft fleshy caps. But using the stems in stocks will greatly enhance the broth.