Lunch / Summer / Organic / Kosher / Parve / Vegan /
Tabbouleh can be spelled: Tabouli, Taboule, Taboli, Tabouleh and probably many more ways. Although no one knows the exact date when tabbouleh first came on the scene, it was probably several thousand years ago. We do know that bulgur wheat is enjoyed as food approximately for 4,000 years. Tabouli salad is considered the ideal food of the Mediterranean diet. Tabbouleh is often served as an appetizer, a salad, or a side dish. It goes well with hummus or falafel.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup sliced baked red pepper or tomatoes
- 2 cups minced parsley
- 1/2 cup finely sliced dill ( optional )
- 1/2 cup finely sliced scallion or green onion
- 3 TBsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon to squeeze juice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Add bulgur and sea salt to boiling water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the flame and let it cool off under tight cover.
- Bake the whole red pepper. Remove skin and seeds, and cut into small pieces.
- Cut the rest of the veggies ( cucumber, parsley, scallion dill )
- Mix the dressing – olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, ground black pepper
- Combine cool bulgur, chopped veggies and dressing.
Enjoy! Leftovers could be kept in the fridge for the next day.